Talk

Advanced search

Was decided on cream and duck egg blue tones in my new kitchen but now worry that it will look cold.

(22 Posts)
sassytheFIRST Tue 28-May-13 08:25:44

Kitchen is south-facing, lots of light. Will have cream gloss/oak units (modern streamlined shape) and cream quartz surfaces. There will be a big table and sofa in there as well as kitchen stuff as it is pretty big.

Will it look clinical? What other colour can I put with it all to warm it a bit?

(Vintage style is O U T for me BTW)

JazzAnnNonMouse Tue 28-May-13 08:27:43

Cream is warm - sounds lovely.
You could use some wood or wood colours to make it even warmer

rubyrubyruby Tue 28-May-13 08:37:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moonblues Tue 28-May-13 08:39:16

I think it sounds lovely. I love duck egg blue. I think calming rather than cold.

sassytheFIRST Tue 28-May-13 08:39:21

Flooring will be karndean, prob wood effect, oaky I guess.

Could maybe bung a bit of mink in there I suppose, perhaps the sofa?

BeauNidle Tue 28-May-13 08:39:23

It sounds just how I would like a kitchen. Go for it.

rubyrubyruby Tue 28-May-13 08:41:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JumpingJackSprat Tue 28-May-13 08:59:09

I would love a duck egg and cream kitchen go for it!

FriskyMare Tue 28-May-13 09:02:47

We have just extended our kitchen and have cream gloss units/worktop/floor and a pale blue/cream diner and will eventually have pale blue tiles on the wall. It looks bright, clean and airy. I love it grin

IHeartKingThistle Tue 28-May-13 09:05:52

We have wood effect Karndean in our blindingly all white kitchen and it warms it up a treat. So it will definitely warm up yours!

middleagedspread Tue 28-May-13 10:57:40

Cream kitchen here, with duck egg walls, oak floor. I've had it 9 years & will repeat a similar look in my next house mostly due to all the duck egg accessories. I've got checked blinds & curtains with beige/blue/cream in and a gorgeous dark blue (highly impractical) velvet sofa.
I've got a few pink things which, surprisingly, look quite good.

Potterer Tue 28-May-13 17:21:48

I have Crown Etiquette paint in my north facing lounge as a feature wall. The rest of the walls are Dulux Jasmine White.

I also have the Etiquette paint in the dining room on every wall, it is south facing.

I would describe it as a dark duck egg blue, it is very rich in colour. It in no way makes the room look dark.

Potterer Tue 28-May-13 17:22:04

dark? I meant cold.

MrsGrowbag Tue 28-May-13 18:16:03

We have a kitchen with cream units, oak floor and duck egg blue walls and I love it. Have just bought a teal sofa for one end of it to make a bit of a statement. I don't think it looks cold at all, but it is south facing so gets lots of natural light, and it's a big room. Go for it!

Thesunalwayshinesontv Tue 28-May-13 18:20:00

Sounds lovely!

Personally I would stay clear of anything that might soak up cooking smells in a kitchen, no matter how big it is.

How about a tall lamp with a cream/warm yellow lampshade to throw warm light onto the areas farthest away from other light sources?

jojane Tue 28-May-13 18:22:32

We have just painted our units cream with duck egg walls and teal and lilac assessories. Floor is a very dark grey colour

noddyholder Tue 28-May-13 18:46:52

I don't like duck egg I would call it vintage. I would go for a green/yellow

noddyholder Tue 28-May-13 18:50:09

Fired earth Orchid leaf looks great in a cream/oak kitchen more modern looking than duck egg which I think tends towards Cath Kidston and will take away the contemporary look you are after

Bowlersarm Tue 28-May-13 18:52:40

Just make sure that your duck egg looks actually like duck egg. My duck egg curtains look like a rather drab shade of grey unfortunately.

ggirl Tue 28-May-13 18:56:33

I have used little green pain co. starlings egg in kitchen lounge diner and it looks great .

ChewingOnLifesGristle Tue 28-May-13 18:57:22

I have a cream kitchen - it's a dark very definite cream colour as opposed to off white. I have a chalky plum colour on the wall and blinds and it looks lovely smile (well I think so..wink)

noddyholder Tue 28-May-13 18:57:52

That sounds lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now