Talk

Advanced search

New house emergency box?

(7 Posts)
FedupofTurkey Mon 27-May-13 08:15:07

What would you pack jn the box where you need stuff quickly before everything else is unpacked? Obviously kettle, coffee, milk, loo rolls, clothes for next day. Anything else?

pickofthepops Mon 27-May-13 08:17:29

Bedding, nightwear. Pack of cleaning for any missed areas as vendors moved out. Activity toys or colouring or books or games if you have children with you.

YoniOneWayOfLife Mon 27-May-13 08:20:04

Tv remote control, because otherwise you're never going to see it for weeks.

Dilidali Mon 27-May-13 08:30:05

Someone here gave me a fantastic idea, in the pillowcase, fold the other pillowcase, sheet and duvet cover. It made life really easy.
The important documents (passports, birth certificates etc) travel with you at all times. When I got to the new place, I put the box on the windowsill with a big sign: do not touch or move this box.

deepfriedsage Mon 27-May-13 08:42:50

Pen paper, meter readings.

hedgehogpickle Mon 27-May-13 08:45:54

ID and documents that you'll need to inform banks etc of your new address so they don't get buried.Toiletries for overnight. Mugs for the tea smile

marriednotdead Mon 27-May-13 08:58:19

Essential toiletries, a towel and toothbrushes, a sharp knife (Stanley type) both types of screwdriver, set of Allen keys, pad and pen, bin bags, Sellotape, mobile charger and a menu for the takeaway- preferably one that delivers!

Most important thing. Make the beds up first. When you've had enough, you can flop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now