Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for finding houses new to the market quickly?

(12 Posts)
Serenitysutton Sat 25-May-13 17:04:37

We are looking in a place where there is very little on the market and there hasn't been much for ages (about 6 months) anything coming on is snapped up often before it reaches RM etc. the prices are rising so rapidly we are being priced out of more and more houses (our budget hasn't gone up in 6 months)

Time is if the essence now and I've registered with lots of EAs but they never contact me with anything.

Any tips much appriciated

nocake Sat 25-May-13 17:17:56

Are you in a position to move or do you need to find a buyer for your house. If you need to find a buyer you're not going to be the first people an EA calls.

Assuming you are ready to move, you're getting regular emails from Rightmove are registered with all the EA's in town and they know your position... the next step is to go and find a house. Put leaflets through doors and cards in shop windows asking if anyone is interested in selling. There are no guarantees but you might be lucky.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 25-May-13 17:21:20

Weird they don't contact, are you proceedable?

Funds in place? Nowhere to sell?

My house went on the market yesterday, within an hour I had 12 viewings booked for this weekend - there is practically nothing on the market in my area.

Serenitysutton Sat 25-May-13 18:13:09

Yes we exchange this week and are moving into rented. The EA don't know that though- they didn't ask!

Bowlersarm Sat 25-May-13 18:16:44

Letter drop a few roads that you like outlining your details with a contact number etc

onemorecoffee Sat 25-May-13 18:22:55

if you register with local agents they should send you details of property before its on rightmove etc. we had our house photographed tues, all details confirmed fri and two viewings today before the broucher was even printed! the viewers were on the agents maiking list.
good luck in finding your new home

BellaI Sat 25-May-13 18:23:16

The estate agents usually email details of new properties before they go on rightmove. Also if you look on their websites every evening the new properties have often uploaded there first.
I try and go into the main agents every few weeks so that they keep me in mind. They rarely phone with new things though!

GuffSmuggler Sat 25-May-13 18:24:55

PHONE the EAs every week so they are fed up with you and you are at the front of their mind when something new comes on.

Ask if they are valuing anything new and if they say they are keep calling back to ask if the valuations are going on yet.

Basically keep being proactive because they completely forget about you and definitely drum into them you are chain free and ready to go.

Serenitysutton Sat 25-May-13 18:26:18

Thanks for the responses.. I think I'm going to have to go into the agents (we don't currently live in the area) and impress the urgency on them.

Letter dropping is a good idea but we'll have to have a good think about what we want to target.

Its crazy!

Diamondcassis Sat 25-May-13 18:41:55

Make "friends" with a particular person in each of the local EAs, call them personally every few days. Be charm personified. I used to bring my guy coffee! He would phone me instantly, often even before things went on the market. Good Luck.

Serenitysutton Sat 25-May-13 19:26:54

Such good ideas thank you- I love the coffee idea! I have to say I'm not particularly friendly (as one does tend to keep them at arms length!) just matter of fact so there is plenty of scope to turn on the charm

DENMAN03 Sun 26-May-13 19:47:28

Yes, I agree with Diamond. When I was looking for a house I spoke to the agent loads and was as charming as could be. Take the time to build a good relationship with them, ask them about their weekend etc.. make it more than just business so they remember you and like dealing with you. He would always phone me first when he had a new one on his books. It worked a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now