Talk

Advanced search

Exchange Contracts

(4 Posts)
FedupofTurkey Sun 19-May-13 21:22:31

How is this done? Is the 'contract of sale' and 'transfer title' this? Do i agree a moving date after i've signed this?

Selbytobe Mon 20-May-13 08:32:12

Depends. Yes I think so, I didn't sign anything else. And with ours we signed stuff undated so they had it ready. Then when everything else was set we exchanged just before our completion date. We knew the completion date before we exchanged but there was only a few days between them for us. Not everyone does it that way so I imagine they would exchange then the date would be sorted once everyone in the chain finishes faffing.

LIZS Mon 20-May-13 08:34:26

The moving ("completion") date should be on the contract or added before the physical exchange with other solicitor if you sign in advance.

specialsubject Mon 20-May-13 12:11:37

you agree a moving date before exchange, along with everything else. Once everything is agreed, searches done and both parties have signed their copies of the contract, the solicitors ring each other up, check everything over and then agree that the exchange is done.

you can then start packing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now