Talk

Advanced search

How difficult is it to wallpaper?

(5 Posts)
Geordieminx Sat 18-May-13 21:56:18

I've never done it before. Determined I'm gonna do it.

So I'm starting on the porch. It's only half height walls, and only 3 small ones at that so I shouldn't need much more than a roll (have bought two just invade.

There is a match, and I have bought the right batch numbers. Oh and it's paste the wall if that makes any difference.

Thanks

MyLittleFinger Sat 18-May-13 22:55:27

I always paste the wall and the paper regardless. Let the paper soak for a few minutes before hanging so it's pliable, and don't overlap edges they need to sit side by side. Good luck hope you enjoy your efforts smile

BackforGood Sat 18-May-13 23:02:23

I think papering is quite tricky, but a lot of that is the difficulties of getting the length of paper in place, so the half height in the porch shouldn't be too bad. Depends a lot on the quality of your walls - both in terms of smoothness and straightness.

Allalonenow Sat 18-May-13 23:03:18

Get your self a plumb line and a good quality brushing out brush and plenty of soft rags, I use a seam roller too. I think B&Q have free 'how to do it' sheets, or look on line.

Enjoy!!

HaveToWearHeels Sat 18-May-13 23:19:19

pretty easy, just take you time. I did our nursery when 8 months pregnant and did get a bit ratty lol. If you have good quality wall paper it makes things easier. Laura Ashley paper is expensive but shocking to use, I thought it was just me but a couple of professionals have confirmed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now