Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know anything about house deed terminology?

(5 Posts)
wildstrawberryplace Wed 15-May-13 20:20:07

A house that I love was for sale last year but I wasn't in a position to buy at that stage. The house didn't sell and was rented out instead.

I am now in a position to buy the house, have looked on the Land registry with a view to contacting the owner and making an offer if they are still looking to sell.

The entries on the deeds

1 (11.02.2007) PROPRIETOR: Mr Bloggs and Mrs Bloggs of
Dream House, Acacia Avenue, Anytown, AA1 1AA.

2 (11.02.2007) The price stated to have been paid on 1 January 2007
was £Lottadosh.

3 (21.04.2012) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate
by the proprietor of the registered estate is to be registered
without a written consent signed by the proprietor for the time
being of the Charge dated 2 April 2012 in favour of HSBC Bank PLC
referred to in the Charges Register.

What does this mean?

carolinemoon Wed 15-May-13 20:27:07

It just means that they have a mortgage on the property, same wording would appear on any title of mortgaged property

wildstrawberryplace Wed 15-May-13 20:34:24

Ah OK thanks. So the date of the charge is the date they took out a mortgage? Would make sense as they might have paid cash in 2007 and then needed to release money from house last year when they moved abroad.

JamieOliveOil Wed 15-May-13 22:14:48

Yes, it means that they purchased the house in 2007 and took a mortgage in 2012. The "no disposition..." bit means that no further charges or transfers of the owners may proceed without the consent of HSBC as the first lender.

carolinemoon Thu 16-May-13 06:06:52

I think it is the date they took out their current mortgage, so they could just have remortgaged in 2012

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now