Talk

Advanced search

What colour for my living room?

(12 Posts)
twinklestar2 Wed 15-May-13 17:52:49

Argh I can't decide what colour to go for in my living room! I was set on duck egg blue and cream and now I'm thinking a lightish grey and light cream. I have brown leather sofas. What do you think would work?

The two bedrooms are teal blue and Tiffany blue and the bathroom and kitchen are both chrome/grey and cream.

The living room has french doors leading in to the kitchen so would be nice if these two rooms had a continuous 'feel' to them, hence the idea of the grey...

HELP!

IceNoSlice Wed 15-May-13 21:11:31

We have brown leather sofas and went for light grey. Looks ace (I think!) Grey is pretty trendy at the moment I think.

We tried loads of samples and went for Dulux Pebble. Surprising the difference between what looks grey on the pot or sample chart and how it looks on the wall. We were planning on a grey carpet too but really struggled to find one at a decent price so ended up with a stone colour (sort of very light beige).

twinklestar2 Thu 16-May-13 18:26:59

Thx Ice I think I've got my heart set on greysmile

Coconutfeet Thu 16-May-13 20:20:20

I am having a last minute wobble about our paint colours but I think we've decided to go for Dulux Moss 2 on the walls and Timeless on ceiling and woodwork. It's a definite grey apparently vaguely similar to F&B Cornforth White (according to other threads about grey paint that I've been browsing on!).

3uper3tressed Thu 16-May-13 21:33:02

Can I join in here? Just posted a massive rant as my second ever post as our sale has just fallen through which probably won't endear me to anyone....but when (if) it is sorted we are moving and I will be up to my eyes in decorating/DIY....

I think grey sounds lovely, both to live in, and from a resale point of view too. And it sounds as if it will go well with the rest of your house

twinklestar2 Thu 16-May-13 22:52:54

Thx girls!

Sorry about your house stressed sad

3uper3tressed Fri 17-May-13 06:51:35

Thanks twinkle...good luck with the living room, is that you finished then?

suntodayplease Fri 17-May-13 09:25:12

We have Cornforth white in our hallway, its def grey. I love it, went for a lighter grey, can't remember which (there were 100's of samples in the end!) in our living room as it was north facing.
HTHs

twinklestar2 Fri 17-May-13 10:57:09

Nope still have the kitchen to finish and change the doors and maybe the windows... It's never ending!

monniemae Fri 17-May-13 11:49:53

We have strong white which is a paler, v v soft grey, than cornforth white. The north facing part of the room it's cool and faintly blueish, the south facing part of the room it's a sandier grey if that makes sense.
The other colours we have are brown (fireplaces), mustardy armchair, bare floorboards then furniture in grey and brown. It works well. We did have wimborne white woodwork which is a v pale cream though I'm retouching in a crisper white to match the woodwork in the hallway.
But I also think Cornforth white would work if you want something stronger.
Hope that helps!

twinklestar2 Fri 17-May-13 16:29:36

Thx everyone, I love this site, it's so helpful.

musickeepsmesane Fri 17-May-13 16:38:39

I was going to paint my room grey but loved Dulux dusted fondant which is nothing like the colour on the sample but a warm grey/purple. Also, b&q have 3 for £1 on their colour samples just now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now