Talk

Advanced search

Aaaaggghhh vendors!!!!

(4 Posts)
Fiddlestickler Tue 14-May-13 21:07:11

Everything was going so well - clearly too well. We are second from top in a chain, everyone is pretty much ready to exchange, and nobody can agree on a completion date and it's the ones we are buying from that are messing it all up!!

They've never bought or sold before and I'm not sure they quite understand what a pain they're being. The people at the bottom have now said if we haven't exchanged by a certain date (not sure when as DH spoke to agent) they will pull out and rent instead. I'm getting massively stressed now!!! It's our dream house... Is there anything I can do to push this along??

perspective Tue 14-May-13 21:42:19

Are you purchasing through an agent? I think they should be chasing the top of the chain. What a pain, I feel for you!

jollydiane Tue 14-May-13 21:59:40

This is when the estate agent earn their money. Have they explained what the problem is? Ask them for the dates in the next 3 weeks that they can do. I doubt the first time buyers are really going to pull out as they would have invested a lot of money in surveys etc.

OnTheNingNangNong Tue 14-May-13 22:02:47

We had this with our vendors, they originally set a date, then kept dithering and tried to change it repeatedly (for two months later, we had already been waiting 6 weeks). We spoke to the estate agent and told them to tell the vendor that we want to complete by x date or we shall pull out.

They swiftly got a move on. Good luck, it's nailbiting stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now