Hi, my friend has just got an offer on principle for a remortgage on her existing property that she owns outright. She is hoping to buy another house for cash from the money gained from the remortgage. She has seen a house that she likes and would like to put in an offer. Also friend has instructed mortgage company to provide valuation on her current property. She has a headache now and doesn't know whether to put in an offer now or wait until firm mortgage offer which apparently happens after property valuation. Also what time do you instruct solicitors. I am unable to answer her questions as we haven't moved in 12 years and never remortgage or anything.