Talk

Advanced search

Boring question about curtain lengths.

(6 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Mon 13-May-13 11:55:09

Looking to get new curtains for my living room, medium size room about 14ftx16ft. Window is a bay window with a "dwarf wall under it, so wall is maybe 2ft high.

Would a full length curtain look daft on it? Currently got curtains that touch the window sill and sometimes I think it looks a bit to short.

7to25 Mon 13-May-13 11:58:41

Full length will look best.
I have seen this length, floor length and something in between, obviously a compromise!
When you hang the curtains, just cover the outside edges of the window and they will look fine.

MrsMangoBiscuit Mon 13-May-13 11:59:37

Full length curtains will look nice. My DPs have full length curtains over a window with short wall at the bottom. They had to as one end of it has a door, but with the arrangement of the furniture, you can't see the bottom of the door, just the longer curtains that cover the wall too. It looks very smart.

We would have full length curtains for our living room bay window too, but we have the radiator under the window, so we can't.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 13-May-13 12:01:34

Thanks, we don't have the radiator underneath so haven't got that to worry about.

Will full length ones look OK during the day when they're open as well?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 13-May-13 12:03:16

I suppose one advantage of full length is I'm more likely to be able to get ready made ones which might be cheaper. Current ones were made to measure and cost a fortune.

MrsMangoBiscuit Tue 14-May-13 06:50:04

I think they look lovely when they're open as well as closed. They frame the window nicely, making it more of a feature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now