Talk

Advanced search

Chalky Downs 3/4 - Dulux Paint

(6 Posts)
kerryxx Sun 12-May-13 17:34:12

Hiya,

We are just choosing our paint colour for our living room which is 7m x 4m and is a light room.

We were looking at doing a feature wall of Chalky downs 3 as it goes better with our fireplace bricks and then the rest in Chalky downs 4

However we've been looking today and wondering if we should paint it all Chalky Downs 3.

Has anybody ever seen this at all or have any opinion as to whether it will look too dark?

There will be wood effect tiles on the floor which are medium dark.
We are having light curtains with one caramel sofa and one cream/duck egg plaid sofa.

Any help would be much appreciated!

kerryxx Mon 13-May-13 22:55:02

just to add to this, does anyone have any advice on what colour to use on the ceilings?

We are having Egyptian cotton in one bedroom and natural calico in the other three.
Chalky downs all downstairs.

Our decorator recommended not going for white but not sure what to do. How about timeless?

lottiegarbanzo Mon 13-May-13 23:51:29

Ha, I have alcoves in cd 3 and now doing part of another room in 4, so feel compelled to respond!

Looking at the chart, there's a much bigger difference between 3 and 4 than 4 and 5 and I think that's true.

3 may be too dark for a full room, it is quite strong. So hard without knowing the room or your taste but I'd go for a mixture.

Anyway, do the feature wall first, then you'll know.

There will be much paler colours in a similar palette for the ceiling, or even cd 6?

kerryxx Tue 14-May-13 10:11:20

Thanks for the response!

Yea I think I've decided to just do the one wall in the CD3 and the rest in CD4.

We painted a sample of CD6 on the ceiling yesterday and going back tonight to have a look at it now it's dry! It's odd though thinking you're not putting white on the ceiling as I always thought that is what you do... but the decorator says it's not really the done thing anymore.

I don't mind having CD6 on the ceilings downstairs but I wouldn't want it in the bedrooms where we have Egyptian cotton and Natural calico

Any recommendations for ceiling colours with EC and NC?

Thanks!

lottiegarbanzo Tue 14-May-13 11:04:43

Oh I don't know about colours generally, just had to respond as I've used that one.

I have recently painted a very small room with ceiling and walls all the same, quite pale, colour. That is fine and I'd do it with a bigger room and pale colour, or even a slightly darker one in a dining room or study, where you might want more of a cosy, cavey effect.

We have a sort of cream colour on most of our ceilings.

kerryxx Tue 14-May-13 12:27:02

Hmmm wonder if I should just do the ceilings and walls in Natural Calico in the bedrooms then rather than a different colour ....

Eurgh this is so difficult!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now