Talk

Advanced search

Non frumpy carpet

(2 Posts)
hellohellohihi Sat 11-May-13 19:02:02

Today was our first forray I to the world of carpet shopping. We've just moved into our dream forever home and are looking for carpet for the bedrooms upstairs, landing and stairs (though poss might have a stair runner). I want the same carpet throughout.

We only went to one shop, a local one, which had what seemed like a goud selection, but they all just looked, well... frumpy. They reminded me of carpets in my parents houses in the 80s and 90s and with all due respect to them and that era it's not what we're trying to recreate!

So how do we find non-frumpy carpet?

I like the knotty style (I think), but concerned its not soft enough. Or perhaps that isn't a problem if we get some nice rugs going on? Are there similar styles to the knotty ones that are softer? Or alternatives rather than big standard carpet IYSWIM?

We've got a big area to cover and I want to get it right!!

Any tips???

Roshbegosh Sat 11-May-13 19:07:20

As long as it's pale and a neutral colour, not patterned and not shag-pile isn't that ok? You need 80% wool though, at least for stairs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now