Advanced search

Repairing wall

(4 Posts)
Heleneahandcart1 Thu 09-May-13 00:41:37

We live in a private let. Tonight my DD15 took one of her temper tamtrums and kicked a hole in my living room wall. My landlord is really good but i dont want to go bothering him with this. How do I fix it?

LuisGarcia Thu 09-May-13 00:49:15

How big is the hole, and what is the wall made of?

lalalonglegs Thu 09-May-13 09:37:41

Presumably it's a stud wall and the plasterboard has been broken. Depending on the size, you will need to either get some scrim - a sort of mesh - and lay that over the top of the hole and skim the top with plaster finish. If it is a larger hole, you will need to cut plasterboard to size, fix it in place and use scrim round the edges, then skim the top. Unless you're pretty handy, I'd say its a job, albeit a minor one, for a professional. Do you have a can of the original paint colour to match to the rest?

hap77 Thu 09-May-13 13:35:17

I had similar happen with my son in his bedroom. I ended up using expanding foam in the hole suggested by a handyman I know, cutting the excess off and then using filler over the top and sanding back and painting. Quick and easy and you wouldn't notice the hole was there now. It was not a huge hole though, about 5/6 inches wide.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: