Talk

Advanced search

Pls critique this house

(55 Posts)
deliakate Wed 08-May-13 21:09:18

We have 2 children would use the other 2 bedrooms for au pair and guests, so I don't mind their not being upstairs.....

link

OrangeFootedScrubfowl Thu 09-May-13 13:01:25

Kitchen is rather small. I would hate that busy road.

If the kids are off to boarding school soon you won't need a big kitchen for the family to use I suppose, and the road might not bother you, so, my views probably aren't relevant.

AngryFeet Thu 09-May-13 13:32:06

Christ I would just move. I mean seriously. The houses you can get elsewhere for that sort of money and still be near a nice town and good schools!

Crazy. I mean look at these near me.

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41030117.html

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38717926.html

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25421097.html?premiumA=true

The bungalow I am buying is the same size and a third the cost of that. You are off your rocker.

Erlack Thu 09-May-13 13:45:21

I don't like it. At all. It looks poky, shabby and eye wateringly expensive for what it is. Sorry.

ohbuggerhelp Thu 09-May-13 14:22:37

Are you welded to that area? If the kids are being sent to boarding school local schools won't matter anyway, surely?

Aethelfleda Fri 10-May-13 13:13:27

Hmm, that house (the original link) reminds me of another house we viewed. It's basically a bungalow that is being tarted up to look like a more standard house: as such the layout is odd and isually fomthe front it more resembles half-a-house, as if someone had chopped off or buried the bottom storey (imagine another genuine storey below what you can see on the photo and then it would be ok!) as it is, I'm afraid it looks overpriced. If you looove it, maybe it would be worth that to you, I'm sure a lot of the price is the area, but still....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now