Talk

Advanced search

can I add a headboard to a wooden frame bed?

(5 Posts)
GillBates Tue 07-May-13 21:52:08

Might be a stupid question as all the headboards seem to be for divan beds, but I have a single pine bedrame which has no headboard on it. Can I screw a headboard intended for a divan bed onto the wooden horizontal slat at the head of the bed?

TheWave Wed 08-May-13 22:48:35

Bumping as I was hoping to do this but not sure how to make it s strong and stable enough.

3mum Wed 08-May-13 23:25:27

Really difficult to answer this without seeing both the bed and the headboard but in principle I can't see why not. The other option if they don't fit together particularly well would be to screw the headboard to the wall and just stand the bed in front of it. This is the option chosen by lots of hotels.

TheWave Thu 09-May-13 16:09:57

Intuitively it feels like it wouldn't be strongly enough fixed not to break when you lean on it so I see why gill is asking. Bed is by window so impossible to do to wall in my case. Hence the need for something to lean on.

GillBates Fri 10-May-13 23:27:21

Yes the bed is near the window which is one of the reasons I'd like a headboard for DS. He also likes to sleep squashed up against the top of his cotbed at the moment so I wanted a headboard for his new bed so that it wouldn't be too dissimilar to his current cotbed.

I guess I need to ask a carpenter but I suppose I also need to buy the headboard first, and if it doesn't work I'll be out of pocket!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now