Talk

Advanced search

Felixstowe move..yay or nay and why?

(5 Posts)
zedzedzed Tue 07-May-13 17:35:42

We're thinking of moving to Felixstowe but as I have only been there twice so far, does anyone here live there and have some up to date opinions on it? What's it like for Mums? And for young kids? Please help! Thanks, Zoe.

MedicinalPurposes Wed 08-May-13 19:14:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cooper44 Wed 08-May-13 19:25:41

Hi Zed I grew up there. I guess it really depends where you are moving from? Since having kids we spent a lot of time going back and as a mum I had a whole new appreciation for it. We were near the beach (in old Felixstowe) which was nearly always empty, our friend has a beach hut and my DCs love it. It's not the most happening (or stylish) place but I think it's great for kids. There's a new boutique hotel opening this month and they are pouring a lot of money into the less attractive areas of the seafront down near the arcades etc. what I really love is that you are very close to the heritage coast (orford, thorpeness, aldeburgh) where there's lots going on in the summer. I live in London and spend half my life on rightmove dreaming of going back there. pm me if you have any specific questions on schools etc.

Jaynebxl Thu 09-May-13 07:49:59

We love Felixstowe and often go out of season for a walk on the beach and lunch at The Alex. Don't know how I'd feel about living there though. It doesn't seem like a very happening place, which is why we love it for a visit.

itsmummynotmum Mon 13-May-13 13:53:20

We live in Suffolk & visit Felixtowe often. We love it.

The area north of the High St, also behind the clifftops is nice - victorian villas, lots of young families - reminded us of a mini Islington by the sea, which I hope doesn't sound patronising!!!

I think it would be a lovely place to live

less than 1/2 hour from Ipswich by road & it has a train station...

go & visit again & ask people there maybe? I don't know what schools are like but people in Suffolk are friendly & honest - locals would be please to help I'm sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now