Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ceiling tiles query

(7 Posts)
deepfriedsage Sun 05-May-13 17:02:05

We are going to get a rewire, so will be getting in aplasterer in after. There are those horrible ceiling tiles in two rooms.

Who would you get to take the tiles n off beforehand and how long per m 2 would they take to remove? I

FishfingersAreOK Sun 05-May-13 17:29:07

Have you tried taking them off yourself? We had them removed during a whole house refurb. They were just stuck up with dabs of glue so quite easy to get off.

deepfriedsage Sun 05-May-13 17:30:24

I am not good with heights, I need to get someone in really.

PigletJohn Sun 05-May-13 18:09:12

you can scrape them off with a hoe. No ladder required. It will be quite messy.

PogoBob Sun 05-May-13 18:24:38

Just stripped them off in our bedroom, messy and tiring on your arm but not difficult. Took me a couple of hours but I did have a 2 year old banging on the door wanting to know what I was doing.

If you don't fancy doing it yourself - I'd guess you'd need a handyman type person.

I had to strip three rooms with polystyrene ceiling tiles in this house, it was grim. Very messy, and I ended up with shredded knuckles. It's not a skilled task so anyone could do it for you TBH.

deepfriedsage Sun 05-May-13 20:32:13

Ok, so it sounds like a diy job then. Put down a dust sheet and get out the gardenhoe. Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now