Advanced search

Building insurance and subsidence

(2 Posts)
CEvert Wed 01-May-13 15:27:28

My current property does not suffer from structural movement. But I am just wondering if there are policies that not only cover damage caused by subsidence but also cover costs of preventing future damage ( ie cost of underpinning)? My current policy only covers damage caused by structural movement.

nocake Wed 01-May-13 20:38:46

Your insurance will pay for underpinning if the house moves. No insurance will pay for preventative work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: