Talk

Advanced search

Splashbacks help me choose

(4 Posts)
gremlinmum Tue 30-Apr-13 16:42:02

Hi I'm currently having a new kitchen installed. It is an oak kitchen; black granite worktop with upstands and i'm struggling to choose a splashback for my cooker. It is a gloss black cooker with gloss black cooker hood. Thinking of tiles or black glass splashblack? Black metro tiles, black glass metro tiles (small) or do I go for a cherry red glass splashblack or tiles or keep it neutral... so many decisions so many tiles... eek any help appreciated!!

kezlou2 Tue 30-Apr-13 16:45:48

On our kitchen the worktop will have upstands but it is also being used as a splashback in between the cookerhood. Our's is white though so not as bold as the black.

Glass splashbacks seem to be in at the minute but if you go for a bright colour like cherry then you sort of need to keep that theme throughout the kitchen.

I suppose if you used the granite as a splashback or black tiles it will all be quite black so it might be nice to bring some colour into it!

gremlinmum Tue 30-Apr-13 16:55:08

Thanks kezlou2 yes I am worried too much black I am getting a silver travertine tiles on the floor so might go for a similar splashblack to that. Don't want too much bling so to speak - just too many choices good grief I need to get a life!!

kezlou2 Tue 30-Apr-13 22:41:45

That will look nice. Maybe pick out one of the colours on those tiles and use it as the splashblack. You're linking it all in then! I've just google imaged those tiles and sole of them have creams in for example.

I know, there's so many choices. But need to get it right and be happy with it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: