Talk

Advanced search

bi fold doors- anyone got electric blinds?

(9 Posts)
Honestyisbest Tue 30-Apr-13 13:21:53

We have a fab new set of bifold doors. They look very sleek and modern. We do however get a lot of sunlight and I think I need some sort of screening. Dont want curtains really as it is in a kitchen and may spoil the effect. Has anyone tried those very discreet electric blinds. Any good? John Lewis do a Silent Gliss model. Anyone tried?

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Wed 01-May-13 11:39:08

You can get bifolds with integral blinds (I think). They wouldn't get dirty.

kezlou2 Wed 01-May-13 14:49:05

We looked into electric blinds for our bifold doors but they were so expensive that i thought stuff it, I'll go for roman blinds. Thing is I don't want each door to have a separate blind as I don't like it when there are gaps in between. The door is 3m. Anyway, the lady doing our blinds said as long as the fabric isn't too heavy they should be able to do it in one. The thing is you have the fabric at the very top of the door then when the blinds are open, and like you said, I think it wrecks the look of the door.

I haven't heard of those Silent Gliss blinds though so thank you as might look into those before finalising them. I too would be keen to hear anyone's thoughts on those too!

Nickers1986 Wed 01-May-13 16:57:39

Hi, couldn't help but see your message and since I work for a bi-fold door company, I thought I could assist! We manufacture electric roller blinds from our factory in High Wycombe. We can make a bespoke set of blinds for your bi-fold doors with a colour coded casette which hides the blinds mechanism nicely. Give one of the team a call to discuss it in more detail on 0845 450 6662. Our website is origin-global.com Hope this helps, good luck with it.

Honestyisbest Wed 01-May-13 19:45:17

Thanks. our doors are Origin from HW, are you the same company?

I am awaiting a quote from J Lewis too, they use Luxaflex. thanks Nickers

Honestyisbest Wed 01-May-13 19:51:34

Ps nickers can I see the blinds in your HW showroom?

Nickers1986 Wed 08-May-13 16:39:11

Sorry i'm only just replying - yes I work for Origin and we are based in High Wycombe. The blinds are brilliant and are available in a range of fabrics and colour options. they are electrically operated. Yes we do have our blinds on display in the showroom so pop in and see them during the week!

Honestyisbest Thu 09-May-13 16:12:41

Thank you!

Annabel7 Thu 06-Mar-14 12:06:22

Sorry to jump in. Nickers - I'm just trying to budget for our new extension incl. bifold doors. What kind of price are electric roller blinds?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now