Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with a cool £5 million looking for rainbow staircase and integral steel slide into kitchen? walk this way...

(103 Posts)
kitsmummy Sun 28-Apr-13 19:56:21

My eyes are bleeding. I thought I'd browse trendy Notting Hill pads for inspiration and found this beauty. I'm all for a bit of quirky but this, really who would buy this monstrosity? And if you look at picture 23 it also appears to have a life size Batman in the house

Someone actually got paid to design this??!!!

TheRealFellatio Sun 28-Apr-13 19:59:46

Wow. That is heinous. the bathroom looks like an operating theatre annd there are no words to even begin to describe how I feel about that carpet.

OddSockMonster Sun 28-Apr-13 19:59:47

Oh. My. Goodness.

That's truly bonkers.

But pic 23 is hilarious!

TheRealFellatio Sun 28-Apr-13 20:01:16

Anyone stupid enough to spend 5 million on that should be horsewhipped in public and then have dogs set on them.

ExcuseTypos Sun 28-Apr-13 20:03:00

That slide reminds me of the thing they use when you have a smear testshock

I wouldn't want to be reminded of that every time I had my breakfast.

The rest of it looks like they've given a five year old a packet of crayons and said " design yourself a house".

flow4 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:03:25

This is a real treat, thank you for sharing! grin grin grin grin
It appears to have a giant slide in the dining room stuck to the ceiling with nowhere to slide from... Soft play cushions... A marble run-cum-rainbow spiral staircase going nowhere much... Furniture that has been designed for giant toddlers... And a bed in the kitchen!

TrinityRhino Sun 28-Apr-13 20:03:43

wow. I like it

not the batman though grin

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 28-Apr-13 20:03:45

"Hidden behind a discreet blue door" - nothing else is discreet about it!

OddSockMonster Sun 28-Apr-13 20:03:55

I don't get how the "360 degree rotating bed" works. Surely that would just be facing the wall half way round.

littlestressy Sun 28-Apr-13 20:04:46

Wow. If only I could afford to live in that dream house hmm

tribpot Sun 28-Apr-13 20:05:29

I'm quite disappointed the 360 degree rotating bed doesn't look more like summat out of James Bond.

The roof garden looks amazing. But you'd want to shut your eyes on the way there. Is it meant to look like no-one lives in it? Where's all the stuff?

flow4 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:06:52

^"Mummy, mummy, I want to be an architect when I grow up"...
"But we have more money than sense, darling; why wait?" !! grin grin

bran Sun 28-Apr-13 20:08:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OddSockMonster Sun 28-Apr-13 20:08:58

There really is a bed in the kitchen isn't there. Why? To reminisce about living in a bedsit?

kitsmummy Sun 28-Apr-13 20:09:32

Excuse typos - ref smear test, yes, you're so right!!! grin and then envy (sick face, not envy!)

ImaHexGirl Sun 28-Apr-13 20:10:08

Um, err.... ok! That is certainly an "interesting" house. I'd have loved when I was 5grin!

Are they trying to make a crap reference to the Hugh Grant film Notting Hill by mentioning the blue front door?

Either way, I think the architect was probably on LSD when he designed that and the owner didn't want to look like a philistine by not going ahead with it!

Southsearocks Sun 28-Apr-13 20:12:10

My eyes are bleeding.

LifeofPo Sun 28-Apr-13 20:12:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 28-Apr-13 20:13:20

Is that carpet in the bathroom?

Jellykat Sun 28-Apr-13 20:16:47

Whoever designed that was clearly tripping ..

There's bits i'd like in smaller quantities, but why is there a bed in the kitchen? and that red chair - just how many snacks does the tv watcher need at one time?
.. and thats just for starters confused

flow4 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:18:11

Bed in the kitchen... Perhaps the owner is a midnight-snacking-sleepwalker?!

flow4 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:19:59

And I'm not sure whether that's carpet in the bathroom, Kiss, or actually a bathroom in the bedroom!

tribpot Sun 28-Apr-13 21:10:36

Is the red chair a piece of modern art? I'd kind of assumed it must be to have been dumped on its own in a massive aircraft-hangar of a room to be admired.

The yellow plastic sofa/bed in the kitchen looks like Wacky Warehouse. What's underneath it at the back? I can see the front has drawers in for handy storage (of everything, given the house appears to contain nothing at all) but how would you use the space under it at the back?

qazxc Sun 28-Apr-13 21:16:03

Batman on photo 23!

meglet Sun 28-Apr-13 21:22:08

I rather like the staircase. But the rest of the house is too cold, too many hard angles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now