Talk

Advanced search

Changing agent-what happens if I get an offer through old agent after I've signed with new agent?

(5 Posts)
SadPander Sat 27-Apr-13 21:52:28

my last day with old agent is next Saturday and first day with new agent is the Monday- what would happen if an offer was made through the old agent once I had already signed up with the new agent? I don't want to end up paying two lots of fees and am not sure if I should leave a short gap between agents to be safe? Hoe that makes sense?!

TheRevengeOfMrGrumpy Sun 28-Apr-13 11:36:28

Fees would be due to your previous agent as they introduced the buyer. Nothing should be due to nNew agent IMO

bran Sun 28-Apr-13 16:11:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SadPander Sun 28-Apr-13 17:12:37

Thanks both I will ask for something in writing as you suggest. I'm not expecting they will sell it tbh but it would be just my luck!

CuddyMum Sun 28-Apr-13 20:55:43

Normally fees would be due to your old agent and they would confirm the names of those introduced to your property. Worthwhile checking with both agents, as viewers have a habit of coming back even when you have written them off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now