Talk

Advanced search

Fitted Wardrobes - how do I know what's a good price?

(8 Posts)
nnixon Sat 27-Apr-13 21:16:20

Got our first quote for fitted wardrobes today. It's a single wardrobe, a double, a corner wardrobe, two sets of drawers and two bedside tables. Small company and come recommended. I'd like to check whether its a good price but don't know where else to start.

Any recommendations hugely appreciated.

Springforward Sat 27-Apr-13 21:28:25

I don't know but am watching with interest.

We recently had a quote from Homebase for a fitted double wardrobe in white high gloss for £1500 fitted, I was really hoping it would be less as we can't afford that right now.

reddaisy Sat 27-Apr-13 21:40:14

What was the quote you got? I am thinking of getting Pac wardrobes from Ikea as they are quite reasonable.

Whorulestheroost Sat 27-Apr-13 21:41:04

Ikea for half that springforward they can deliver them but you would have to put them together. We have had the Pax range in a couple of different houses and find them great.

reddaisy Sat 27-Apr-13 21:44:30

Pax. That is what meant. If Ikea don't do installation then you can usually find someone local who will.

sarahandemily Sat 27-Apr-13 21:53:45

We paid £1800 for two doubles with drawers in and three singles (one with shelves and 2 full height hanging). No idea if this was a good price but like you it was a local guy who was recommended and did a great job. Oh and I forgot two beside cabinets too

Springforward Sun 28-Apr-13 21:54:02

Thanks for the tip re: Ikea, we've looked online and worked out that we can do the interior for less than £150 then can do a set of sliding doors when we have a spare £300 to spend in B&Q or Argos. Much better!

nnixon Mon 29-Apr-13 22:25:47

Thanks for all the replies. Quote is £3200. We're useless at DIY and are happy to pay for quality as we're not planning on going anywhere so we'll get years worth of use out of them. But his is the first quote we've had. Does that sound reasonable for what we're getting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now