Talk

Advanced search

Aga- can you make them more oil-efficient??

(3 Posts)
ILikeToMowIt Sat 27-Apr-13 19:51:50

Have an oil burning Aga. Love it. Love the food from it, love the heat from it in winter, love the hanging clothes to dry when it has been wet out, but... hate the oil bill. We have replaced the ancient oil boiler, but then found that our consumption did not really decrease, so the Aga seems to be drinking the lot. We are currently using about 15-16 litres a day, and that hurts shock!! Thinking about getting rid of it actually makes me sad, so does anyone have any advice on how to make the beast drink less?
Please! smile

ExitPursuedByABear Sat 27-Apr-13 19:54:24

Nope. Mine runs on gas. Sorry. But I would never be parted from it.

ohforfoxsake Sat 27-Apr-13 19:55:14

I don't know the answer I'm afraid, but I am about to replace my solid fuel converted to gas Aga with a new gas one. Like you, I love cooking on it and the heat it gives. . They were recently on offer and we worked it out we would break even after about 5 years - given how much the old one cost.

It's worth asking Aga if they have any offers, or ask them put you on the list for an ex-display one. They don't come up very often, but the do sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now