Talk

Advanced search

Do the colours in your house flow?

(13 Posts)
JazzAnnNonMouse Sat 27-Apr-13 18:22:42

Have you gone for a pallet that runs into each other or is each room completely different?

lalalonglegs Sat 27-Apr-13 18:25:29

Mine flow.

JazzAnnNonMouse Sat 27-Apr-13 18:31:02

How so?

deeplydullmnnickname Sat 27-Apr-13 19:50:02

Yes pretty much and I like it.
We have a few different tones of taupes, blues and greys and they do move well from one room to another.

narmada Sat 27-Apr-13 21:28:54

I didn't go for flow but now wish I had.

StairsInTheNight Sat 27-Apr-13 21:36:52

Yes, ours flow. Neutral/ oak/ white/ blue/ green throughout, although each room is different. We have views out over treetops/ garden so I also wanted the colours to flow outdoors too. Garden planting is white/green/blue/pale yellow. I may be over thinking this but is v important to me grin

Chippychop Sat 27-Apr-13 21:42:37

We flow, greys to greens downstairs., all f&b. each room has very different accent colours greys in kitchen with red accent, greens in sitting room with blues and yellows as accent etc

bananananacoconuts Sat 27-Apr-13 21:45:40

we do not flow. only a small house so we wanted to specifically identify the different areas. Also it's a bungalow which doesn't help with bedrooms for ds and dd

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Sat 27-Apr-13 22:48:14

I once had a colour expert (?) tweak all the colours I had chosen for a new build house. (In Canada) It was one of the best £60's I have ever spent. Although I had chosen the approximate colours she changed each one slightly so that they all flowed with each other. The effect was excellent.

reastie Sun 28-Apr-13 07:59:41

Gosh I hadn't even thought about it before! We have alot of green in our house so in that way it all flows.

ajandjjmum Sun 28-Apr-13 08:21:49

We have very different room colours, but the Hall/Stairs and Landing are in a gold/neutral scheme, so pretty much works through with everything.

fussychica Sun 28-Apr-13 12:21:29

Ours flows - it's a smallish bungalow so all the rooms need to looks as large as possible and compliment each other. We've gone for Nutmeg in the living room & 2 beds with Muddy Puddle as an accent in the living room and Laura Ashley soft gold wallpaper in the hall. The bathroom though is completely different Black/white/grey.

greenformica Mon 29-Apr-13 14:04:16

yes, grey greens, creams, off whites, duck egg blues

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now