Talk

Advanced search

Sold prices on Mouseprice etc

(13 Posts)
JulieAnderton Thu 25-Apr-13 11:23:59

How long do sold prices take to show up on sites such as Mouseprice? I'm interested because I know that two properties on my street (which have identical layouts to mine) have been sold in the last year. One of them went to a developer who re-sold it within a matter of months, so I'm very interested in what the pre- and post-developed prices were.

The other property has been "sold subject to contract" for ages, so I guess it's still going through the conveyancing process

Can you opt out of putting sold details online or this this information automatically publicly available?

CuddyMum Thu 25-Apr-13 11:35:01

They appear here first

www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/information/public-data/price-paid-data

It seem to take about two months to appear but this can vary smile

MissRee Thu 25-Apr-13 11:41:41

Under what circumstances would something NOT show up on the Land Registry website? I know that the flat downstairs from me sold in March last year (and the purchaser became my freeholder) but it doesn't show at all on last year's reports!

GuinevereOfTheRoyalCourt Thu 25-Apr-13 12:16:52

Unfortunately, quite a significant number of sales don't seem to make the land registry website. I'm fairly sure it is random. (For example, the place I sold made it to the feed, the place I bought didn't!)

My suspicion is that it's as simple as someone at the land registry not keying the information in correctly.

It's very frustrating, though. I do hope they sort out the quality of their data soon.

GuinevereOfTheRoyalCourt Thu 25-Apr-13 12:22:46

Incidentally, if you know for sure that a property sold on the open market more than a few months ago you can let the Land Registry know that it's missing.

They have a form on their website that you can fill in and submit -

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/contact-us/change-sales-record

JulieAnderton Thu 25-Apr-13 12:24:19

Thanks for the link to the Land Registry. From having a quick glance it looks as though you have to know the month in which a property sold and you can't search by postcode - is that right or am I just being a bit thick?

Mandy21 Thu 25-Apr-13 12:36:15

Sales don't appear sometimes if they're bought by a company (which might be the case for the property bought by a developper) or if its a repossession.

CuddyMum Thu 25-Apr-13 12:45:32

I think (I may be wrong) that you have to download the data for each month and search within that. There may be a search facility elsewhere on the site but I'm not sure.

ohbuggerhelp Thu 25-Apr-13 14:10:55

Private sales don't always show either.

GuinevereOfTheRoyalCourt Thu 25-Apr-13 14:51:10

Julie, Cuddy - the files you link to are really designed for people wanting to do some analysis of the data, or build websites etc.

The land registry also do a general look up which can be found at -

http://houseprices.landregistry.gov.uk

Although it doesn't look like they're doing a very good job of updating the data on it! But it is still only a "beta" version which might be the excuse.

You might be better off looking on rightmove or mouseprices etc as they seem to be a bit more efficient at loading the most recent files.

CuddyMum Thu 25-Apr-13 15:07:44

Ah, much better. Thank you Guinevere!

ClaudiaCutie Thu 25-Apr-13 17:28:14

If they don't show up on the records it might well be because a shell company has bought the property using the stamp duty cheat system, quite a few sale records don't appear due to that. Annoying as I'm nosy and want to know what the selling prices.

JulieAnderton Thu 25-Apr-13 20:49:04

Thanks for the other land registry link. Found my street, but it only has the same info as what is on Mouseprice/Rightmove, so still doesn't show what the developed house went for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now