Talk

Advanced search

Obscured glass

(6 Posts)
Karbea Tue 23-Apr-13 21:49:59

Hello,

We're having a new ensuite built and I need to pick some obscure glass for the windows. But I don't want something that looks 70s.

The windows look like this

I don't really understand why the council have specified they have to be obscured as they look out onto our garden and nothing else, so I don't really want them to be very obscured iyswim. The glazing man suggested satin obscured glass but although I think this'll look ok, I think it's too obscured.

Can anyone suggest something?

Thank you!

MisForMumNotMaid Tue 23-Apr-13 21:53:02

Slatted blinds?

We live in a cottage and decided to go plain glass and have a blind lowered when necessary.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 23-Apr-13 21:56:00

How about an etched glass? Less 70s looking

We had this star one in our last house on an internal bathroom door.

I would question the council about their saying it has to be obscure glass as I'm sure they can't do that.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 23-Apr-13 22:05:21

There is also an obscure glass called Warwick that is handmade and actually quite nice as every piece is slightly different . Its also at the lower end of the scale when it comes to degree of 'obscurity'.

Warwick

FishfingersAreOK Tue 23-Apr-13 23:17:32

Get some of that plastic removable film you can use to obscure clear glass and as soon as building control been rip it off....

7to25 Wed 24-Apr-13 09:49:11

For goodness sake, get the satin obscured glass! My SIL refuses to have this as they "live in the country". I would actually rather go behind a bush in their garden as when I am in mid flow I can guarantee my FIL will be standing outside the window, chatting to a local farmer. They will glance, casually into the bathroom. When I emerge I feel obliged to tell them that it doesn't comply with building regs. They laugh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now