Talk

Advanced search

They're going to pull out aren't they

(10 Posts)
runforthehills65 Tue 23-Apr-13 17:01:23

Feeling really down and stressed about the whole moving thing. Just before we are about to exchange my buyers want to come along with a builder to see about converting the loft. Surely they should have done this months ago as they spoke about extending then.

My buyers are chain free but have been so slow. Offer was made back in January, solicitors only contacted in end Feb and valuation only done end of March! My solicitors have chased as all queries/searches have been done and apparently we are in a position to exchange.

Don't mind at all that they want to cost it out but why wait so long when they knew they wanted to do this. Have horrid feeling they will ask for reduction or will just pull out due to cost as roof is not that steep.

Can hardly bear to go through all this again. Feeling depressed also as I am only selling to pay back debts I got whilst ill and undergoing treatment. If I could I would just love to stay here.

AliceWChild Tue 23-Apr-13 21:03:34

I'm about to exchange. In the past week we've had to have people look twice. Once the builder. Once a surveyor. The builder was because we've given him a list of what needs doing but in order for him to get going from the off he could do with seeing it and I wanted a nose The surveyor because our insurance company are being a pain about something silly in the survey and it's easiest to resolve with another survey. We're chain free but our mortgage got delayed and delayed with silly requests for proof of silly things. I'm concerned that our sellers think we're going to pull out but it's really hard to get anyone to communicate to them we're not. So, I wouldn't say from what you've written that they're pulling out. Hope that helps a bit.

BeanoGrigio Tue 23-Apr-13 21:31:46

Why is it so hard just to get a message to the person buying/selling from you. We've had to postpone our expected completion date and I'm just trying to let our buyers know in advance so they can plan around it and I need to know it isn't going to affect exchanging contracts. All I need to do is ask them if date b is ok instead of date a now, but solicitors and estate agents don't seem to be able to give me an answer. It's so stressful wondering if someone's going to pull out, isn't it? I guess you've just got to hope that as they've come so far they must be serious. Got my fingers crossed for you.

lalalonglegs Tue 23-Apr-13 21:36:02

It's not certain that your buyers are going to pull out - they just sound a bit flaky (lots of buyers/sellers are). If they do pull out, maybe it would be worth shopping around to see if you can restructure your mortgage and stay put as you love it smile.

FourArms Wed 24-Apr-13 07:18:24

Can you get their number? Once we had our vendors number & started talking things moved much more smoothly!

wonkylegs Wed 24-Apr-13 07:22:21

Last time I moved I exchanged phone numbers with the buyers of my house really helped when the EAs / conveyancers cocked it up towards the end.

Hobbes8 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:32:00

Couldn't you remortgage and release some equity to pay off your debts instead? It seems a shame to sell a house you love. A post on money saving expert's forum with details might be able to help you.

runforthehills65 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:35:42

Thanks for replies. I will def ask to exchange phone numbers when they come round. Fingers x they are just wanting to get costings but I still have the sinking feeling as it isn't something that needs doing immediately.

runforthehills65 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:39:27

Unfortunately the mortgage people have all said no to remortgaging. I have messed up my credit score whilst ill and missed a few payments. I am now paying these back.

If I move I can downsize and buy a place mortgage free and then will not have to worry if god forbid I am ill again. So all though in my heart I would love to stay my head says move.

runforthehills65 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:54:21

Unfortunately the mortgage people have all said no to remortgaging. I have messed up my credit score whilst ill and missed a few payments. I am now paying these back.

If I move I can downsize and buy a place mortgage free and then will not have to worry if god forbid I am ill again. So all though in my heart I would love to stay my head says move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now