Talk

Advanced search

What's the best material for a kitchen splash back?

(3 Posts)
Karenkz Mon 22-Apr-13 18:49:58

I have just chosen our new kitchen today but the only thing I'm not sure about is the splashback behind the hob. I'm not keen on stainless steel as it needs constant cleaning to keep it smear free. I've heard that glass can need a lot of cleaning too! Any thoughts or ideas on the above or good alternatives.

catclarks Tue 23-Apr-13 10:53:51

We had a kitchen put in last year and went for a glass splashback but with a matt finish rather than a gloss finish. It looks great and is brilliant cleaning wise. Just wipe and leave, no polishing required. Fits with my slovenly lifestyle grin

PigletJohn Tue 23-Apr-13 11:03:44

Is there a reason why you don't want tiles?

Our last few cookers have come with lift-up smoked glass tops which form an easy splashback just behind the hob, and keeps the wall cleaner.

Fixed glass I'm not keen on, because it makes sockets and switches more difficult to position.

I have brushed stainless steel in my commercial premises staff kitchen, and it never looks smart, even when it is perfectly clean. Hard water leaves marks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now