Talk

Advanced search

Washing machine recommendations?

(13 Posts)
hellohellohihi Sun 21-Apr-13 19:25:32

We're moving soon and need to buy a washing machine, so before I start traipsing t'interweb I though I'd ask you lot for recommendations!

Which brands are reliable?
Is a washer/dryer worth it? (we've never had a rumble dryer so more of a nice-to-have maybe?)
What size load? (there's me, DH and DD 16mo and fingers crossed another sproglet coming in the next year or so)

I'd like one with the option to delay the start of the cycle but other than that I'm not sure what other criteria I should even be considering really it's only a bloody washing machine after all

FishfingersAreOK Sun 21-Apr-13 23:23:44

http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/forums/ I found this useful when I chose mine a few years back. Things I would look for:
A quick "refresh" cycle....v useful to be able to do a quick wash for that stuff that needs washing but is not super dirty.
Ability to do variable temps
Wish I had a half load but don't
I have 7kg capacity which is great
And if it is not being hidden away in a futility may be worth comparing the noise of it.

Sinkingfeeling Mon 22-Apr-13 00:24:23

Which usually reckons Miele is the best make (£££ though), followed by Bosch. I have an 8-year-old Bosch and it's worked extremely well in a very busy family - I've only had to replace the door seal.

Herhonesty Mon 22-Apr-13 02:36:06

Miele if you can afford

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 22-Apr-13 02:45:37

I've always had a Bosch but when my last one died I bought an LG which I much prefer to the Bosch. Has a 8kg drum and the option to delay the programme.

noddyholder Mon 22-Apr-13 15:51:46

I have a 9kg LG and it great

wonkylegs Mon 22-Apr-13 16:00:35

I've got a Bosch Logixx 8 which is really good and very quiet. I thought it wasn't working it was so quiet so kept on checking it was ok.

madamecake Mon 22-Apr-13 16:13:54

We have a hotpoint ultima, 8 kg, mini load option, variable temps and can delay cycles by up to 24 hours. Have had for over 6 years and is still going strong (no faults so far, touch wood!)

hellohellohihi Mon 22-Apr-13 16:37:52

Thanks all. Need it to be integrated which I think really narrows it down...

georgedawes Mon 22-Apr-13 16:39:36

Miele well worth the money.

zaphod Mon 22-Apr-13 16:43:59

Miele. Just thinking today what a great performer it is as ds muddy trousers came out spotless.

FishfingersAreOK Mon 22-Apr-13 22:20:09

Have just pm'd you a link to Which built in washing machine reviews/tests. Am hoping it works - if not and you need login detail let me know and I will try and sort something else out. Do you have a budget?

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 23-Apr-13 08:35:24

Hot point Ultima again I have one at home and we have one at work. They are a total workhorse we are replacing the one at works pump which has burnt out after doing between three and five loads a day 6 days a week for 7 years of really dirty was washing ( think blood and shit etc). Will eventually replace with the same again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now