Talk

Advanced search

Traditional fireplace vs modern wall recess mounted fire ?

(5 Posts)
Headred Sat 20-Apr-13 22:27:42

Hi,

We have recently moved into a house which is 12 years old. We are starting to look at revamping the lounge. It currently has a dated wooden and marble fireplace. We have been told we need a balanced flue fireplace which opens up the options of a more modern fireplace and fire or having a false chimney breast and contemporary fire mounted in a recess on the wall.

Constantly changing my mind so any opinions or thoughts would be gratefully received

Thanks

CuddyMum Sun 21-Apr-13 11:37:03

I think the modern hole in the wall fires look fantastic in modern houses - we've had them in the last two houses and currently have this one with the light trim and remote control:-

http://www.bfm-europe.com/products/fires--stoves/contemporary-wall-mounted-fires/flavel-jazz---hole-in-the-wall-gas-fire.html

Saying that, I'm now moving to a Victorian house with original open fireplaces - It'll be weird not being able to operate the fire with a remote control and having instant flames.

CuddyMum Sun 21-Apr-13 11:37:10

www.bfm-europe.com/products/fires--stoves/contemporary-wall-mounted-fires/flavel-jazz---hole-in-the-wall-gas-fire.html

Headred Sun 21-Apr-13 12:10:58

Thats a lovely one cuddy. Such a hard decision as it won't be cheap either way we do it.

CuddyMum Sun 21-Apr-13 13:01:27

It's been brilliant - well worth it and we get lots of good comments about it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now