Talk

Advanced search

House Offer

(5 Posts)
runforthehills65 Thu 18-Apr-13 11:06:20

My offer on a house was accepted last Tuesday 9 April and the EA phoned to tell me this. But I have heard nothing since. Shouldn't I have had a letter confirming offer with price etc. before I instruct solicitors?

I rang the EA and was put through to the progressor who didn't have any info on it and said she would chase. 2 days later still nothing. On the website the house says SSTC.

CuddyMum Thu 18-Apr-13 11:49:39

We had our offer accepted on Monday 8th April. Here's what's happened so far. We have written confirmation from the EA confirming the offer and detailing our solicitors and their solicitors. I have instructed my solicitor and they have instructed theirs. I have a mortgage agreed in principle and the Homebuyers survey is taking place on Monday. Lastly, I have paid the solicitor for my searches. Hope that helps.

runforthehills65 Thu 18-Apr-13 11:57:08

Thanks, that what I thought should be happening. Just phoned EA again and my buyers are still sorting out which solicitors to use! so that is why I haven't received a letter yet.

CuddyMum Thu 18-Apr-13 12:40:59

They should really have thought of that before they even marketed their house. Sounds like you will need to keep on top of them via your EA and solicitor. All the best smile

littlecrystal Thu 18-Apr-13 12:46:31

It depends on your vendor. I have accepted on offer on the house that I am selling. As I need to find somewhere to buy, I am happy for my buyer to wait and do nothing. If your vendor's situation is different, you could be booking a survey from your side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now