Talk

Advanced search

Ruislip

(3 Posts)
siluria Wed 17-Apr-13 11:06:37

Considering moving to Ruislip with a toddler and a newborn (both girls). Could anybody tell me more about the area? Pros/cons with children, pros/cons for schools, pros/cons about amenities and pros/cons about different areas in Ruislip? And just general information about what it's like to live there?

umiaisha Wed 17-Apr-13 13:13:52

I love Ruislip - great safe area for families with excellent transport links and easy commute into Central London. There is a good High Street with a mixture of independent shops, cafes and decent chains - Waitrose, M&S etc.

Personally, I would aim for North Ruislip, West Ruislip or parts of Ruislip Manor although these are more expensive. I would avoid Ruislip Gardens and most of South Ruislip as these are not quite so nice and the schools are not as desirable. Have you considered Ickenham?

Good luck!

siluria Wed 17-Apr-13 14:31:49

Yes, we're thinking about other places too - further out of London - but also was wondering about Ickenham, Eastcote and Pinner ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now