Talk

Advanced search

Baumatic products?

(3 Posts)
MrsAce Mon 15-Apr-13 20:29:21

Looking to kit out my new kitchen with baumatic products. From my research they look stylish and good value for money. However, read some reviews that don't tell me a good story. Has anyone had experience of these products - good or bad - and can anyone give me advice. I am looking to buy new integrated fridge/freezer, washer/tumbler, dishwasher and over/hob/hood. I have used Bosch products in the past and have always found them to be good and reliable but have also heard that they are not what they used to be.

Pigsinblankets Tue 16-Apr-13 09:37:43

I had Baumatic products for my kitchen approximately 2 years ago. The induction hob doesn't always work first time, I have to switch it off and back on again at the main switch. It didn't work at all when first installed but engineer fixed it, said a wire was loose. The oven buttons melted, admittedly it was partly my fault but customer services were extremely unhelpful so I gave up trying to get replacements (which I fully intended to pay for). The fridge/freezer continuously ices up, I have to defrost it regularly. Dishwasher ok but seal around door has to be put back on every now and again.

Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear, I wouldn't buy Baumatic again.

TheCokeMachine Tue 16-Apr-13 10:37:13

I had Baumatic in my previous house, we put all the intergrated applicances in new in 2001. The washing machine lasted 18 months - it was rubbish. The fridge packed in after 5 years, it was ok, nothing special, the oven lasted 10 years. The induction hob, hood and freezer were still going strong when we moved after 12 years.

They were cheap when we bought them, I think we got pretty good value from them.

I've got a Baumatic gas range oven in my new house (inherited from the previous owners) and it's really, really crap. I wouldn't have one as a gift.

So a mixed bag really, choose carefully. I'd buy their electical stuff but nothing gas, or that needed plumbing in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now