Advanced search

Switch socket plates, help

(10 Posts)
Honestyisbest Sat 13-Apr-13 15:28:20

We want to replace white plastic plates for switches and sockets, with metal, possibly matt steel ones. Where to go? Dont want to buy online as we want to see then first. So many are tacky up close...

Honestyisbest Sat 13-Apr-13 19:00:24

PS OH hoping to buy from DIY chain, any help out there?

TheYoniWayisEssex Sat 13-Apr-13 19:24:28

These from B&Q?

TheYoniWayisEssex Sat 13-Apr-13 19:26:02

Sorry, just noticed you want matt steel.

B&Q have those as well smile


spotty26 Sat 13-Apr-13 19:34:17

Sds in SW11 are great. Website as well.

Honestyisbest Sat 13-Apr-13 23:06:47

Thank you, B and Q it is.
SDS does look good, so if no luck I will try them. Thanks so much both.

FishfingersAreOK Sat 13-Apr-13 23:42:12

Check before you buy as some metal ones inner boxes are apparently deeper than the white ones to fit all the gubbins in <technical term>. Some are more slimline than others - which may prevent a straight like for like swap iyswim

PigletJohn Sun 14-Apr-13 10:23:34

Buy a good quality UK brand like MK, Crabtree or MEM.

There is no shortage of cheap rubbish around.

Count how many you need and look at bulk prices from TLC and Screwfix, then ask your local electrical factor who will be in a small industrial estate.

ILikeBirds Sun 14-Apr-13 13:23:53

We bought crabtree brushed steel plates from screwfix.

Not a simple swap though due to different styles

TheYoniWayisEssex Sun 14-Apr-13 20:34:15

Good point Fishfingers. We had much sighing and tutting from our electrician when he fitted ours (nickel ones). They're the B&Q variety and good quality.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: