Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know anything about Pickering?

(4 Posts)
Brunocat Fri 12-Apr-13 19:35:38

Might (Very big might) move there for Dh's work. I've been briefly for a few hours and it seemed very pretty but with nothing to do and nowhere to go unless you wanted to drive for at least 30 - 60 minutes. Used to somewhere a bit more urban. Anyone?

nettie Fri 12-Apr-13 19:56:42

Floods occassionallysmile. Has very nice castle, steam railway very expensive. Realise first point is only one with any relevance to living there but they were the first three things that came into my head about Pickering. I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along soon.

flow4 Fri 12-Apr-13 21:14:35

My impressions are much the same as yours, Bruno: Pickering is a place to drive to on the way to somewhere else.
Unless your DH has a job that requires him to be actually in Pickering (like being a fire-fighter who has to live within 5 mins of the station) I'd be inclined to live elsewhere commute - either the coast or York - it's about 40 mins from Whitby, which is lovely (tho' still small and expensive), Scarbro' (which is fun, a larger town and quite a bit cheaper), and York - which is a great city to live in. smile

If you have to live specifically in P, this website might be useful.

formicaqueen Sat 13-Apr-13 18:11:21

Where is he working? There are lots of lovely places around there. Don't know much about Pickering though.

York, Whitby, Ripon are all lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now