Talk

Advanced search

Come Hold My Hand

(4 Posts)

I am petrified!

Put offer in on Monday pm, accepted Tuesday am, mortgage advisor came to us on Wednesday and gathered all evidence for full application (approved in principal beforehand), text today from mortgage lenders to say application has been received and is being processed and booking fee has been removed from bank. MA seems very positive, but I am just feeling a bit ill. So hand holds would be appretiated, come and tell me your stories and will I only feel better once I have to house keys in my hands smile

Love FTB blush

Jaynebxl Fri 12-Apr-13 15:47:30

Congratulations! Sounds good so far! It is daunting but you will love owning your own home.

TimeIsACurrency Fri 12-Apr-13 15:49:31

Aw. Your OP sounds like us last year!

Honestly, you have got a long way to go yet, but there doesn't seem anything you should be worried about so far which is great!

We found it exciting and terrifying, but there are lots of steps between now and completion, and there's sometimes a bit of to-ing and fro-ing but it's so worth it once you're in!

We only completed recently and the relief of not having a LL call you up and say 'Sorry you're rents going up' or 'We're putting the house on the market' is incredible.

We had a few house sales fall through before we got our first home tbh, but please don't be disheartened too much if this happens. We ended up with a home that's much better than the houses the sales fell through on.

HTH?! Sorry I don't think I'm very good at this hand holding! blush

grin thank you!

I really hope it all goes swimmingly, we are not part of a chain (we rent, 'new' house is empty due to a death and being sold by relatives). Its just all so scary! Will be a move of about 15miles so school and nursery moves will stress me too i think. I am so excited though trying not to be...just incase iykwim smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now