Talk

Advanced search

I need some bathroom help! (Brands)

(5 Posts)
Karbea Fri 12-Apr-13 13:18:01

It's a long time (15 years) since I had a new bathroom installed and I've been looking around and I don't recommend any of the brands, so I'm really confused about what is what. I'm hoping someone can help, please.

We're having an extention built which will include 2 ensuites, one will be our master and the other will be the 3rd ensuite (shower room).

I'd like something really lovely in our room, feature bath, wet room etc, the other room I'd like good quality but doesn't need to set the world a light iykwim, it'll probably get used once a year for Christmas guests kind of thing.

15 years ago, I was looking at brands like sottini, vilroy and Boch now it's all kohler and laufen.

Can anyone tell me what brands to look out for? And any tips. I don't really know where to start :/

The building doesn't exist yet, it's all required for the specification document for the builders.

Thank you.

Karbea Fri 12-Apr-13 21:19:24

Someone must have installed a bathroom recently????

takeaway2 Fri 12-Apr-13 21:29:31

We installed our toilet and we wanted one that was wall hanging. My dh is an architect and we ordered everything online from Germany www.reuter.de v good price (cheaper than bathstore when you compare quality!) and good delivery times.

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 13-Apr-13 07:07:10

We are really happy with our Roca bathrooms. In our main bathroom we mixed them with a run of fitted high gloss cupboards which were from B&Q.

Probably not the high end finish you are after but they were within our budget, look nice and hide all the clutter.

I'm sure you can find nicer units if you have more to spend but I highly recommend getting cupboards fitted as it keeps your nice new bathroom looking nice and new!

PigletJohn Sat 13-Apr-13 14:22:15

the price of the suite will not make much difference to the look.

High-quality taps and accessories will make a big difference.

You will get better flow through British taps than through imports, especially flashy stylish Italian ones.

I think Bristan taps are best.

I think Aqualisa showers are best

Ceramic-disk taps (with a joystick or a quarter-turn lever) are less reliable, and more difficult to and expensive to service, than capstan-headed taps. Joystick mixers are especially troublesome.

Chrome on brass is much more durable and easy to care for than gold-plate, nickel, enamelled or lacquered brass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now