Talk

Advanced search

Carpet colour advice needed please - what would you do?

(3 Posts)
RugbyWidow7 Fri 12-Apr-13 08:29:37

We are soon moving into a new build house.we are putting the carpets in and have chosen a pale silvery grey colour. I'm now having a wobble as the walls, whilst having a white skirting board, are largely beige/cream. Should I keep warm tones together and put a cream carpet down? Our logic is that the house is already all cream so it would be nice to bring another colour in. And less samey!

This is for the stairs and all of upstairs so a big expense and I'm getting v nervous about getting it wrong. What do you think?

41notTrendy Fri 12-Apr-13 08:30:59

I like warm tones. You could add contrast with a rug/curtains or other things such as pictures.

AliceWChild Fri 12-Apr-13 08:33:36

If you want to bring in another colour and not make it samey, I'd go all out and do that. For me beige, cream, silvery grey are all samey, they're all neutrals. But then that's me, I would guess our style is very different as ours is all white with bright colour so it might not suit you. Fwiw I'd keep the interesting stuff to the walls as its more easily changed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now