Talk

Advanced search

Can't find doors for homemade wardrobe

(5 Posts)
Cathpot Thu 11-Apr-13 19:37:40

Hi, would appreciate any suggestions for locating doors for a fitted wardrobe we are having built by local carpenter. He is making a plasterboard carcass on wooden frame so it will be plastered to look the same as the rest of room and have 2 sets of doors- it runs the whole length of a 3m wall and hopefully will house more or less everything!

I would like to find simple wooden shaker style doors, or 4 panel doors in white, or paintable, all the interiror doors I can find are for rooms rather than wardrobes and seem very wide. Are there narrower doors available? Budget about £100 a door. Ideas??

lalalonglegs Thu 11-Apr-13 19:55:37

There are lots of online stores that make wardrobe doors to measure - I haven't used this firm but they seem to have what you're after.

Cathpot Thu 11-Apr-13 20:03:45

Thanks- that looks promising, I'll talk to the carpenter again as he asked us to try and buy locally so he could take them back if there was a problem. Also we are trying to rush as its our daughters bedroom and they are currently sharing a bed in the spare room with all their toys on the loft! However as I am drawing a blank in the chain stores near here I may have to go online, thank you for the link.

FishfingersAreOK Thu 11-Apr-13 21:44:56

Any of these any good - we looked at a couple and I think they have a shaker style - and do narrow ones too
www.howdens.com/doors-joinery-collection/internal-doors/

Cathpot Fri 12-Apr-13 08:39:27

Just looked up where the nearest Howdens outlet is to us and its on the industrial estate behind where we live! I feel both pleased and slightly foolish!. Thanks, will go and see them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now