Advanced search

The decluttering, cleaning, vacating, pandering, nailbiting antics of the stressed out house sellers continued...

(1000 Posts)
CuddyMum Thu 11-Apr-13 16:47:11

Thought I'd better start a new thread... smile

CuddyMum Thu 16-May-13 17:32:39

Terry's - are you able to get your EA to chase her?

TerrysNo2 Thu 16-May-13 17:35:19

the EA negotiator is on holiday this week and given we've been circumventing them for the last couple of weeks it would be a bit weird. I'll give her until tomorrow.

On the upside the bank has finally approved the mortgage subject to the valuation. I just hope we need it grin

CuddyMum Thu 16-May-13 17:50:44

Sounds like your buyer is dithering somewhat. I wonder if she's waiting for some advice/quotes etc of someone. Either way, it would be nice if she communication with you. I really hope she speaks to you tomorrow. Is your house still technically for sale, eg. will the EA arrange for anymore viewers for you?

Had to drive past MY house today! Twice! smile as you do.

TerrysNo2 Thu 16-May-13 17:51:39

OK I caved and phoned the surveyor blush

he said the report hasn't been sent to her yet and should be out tomorrow. I'm a bit angry as he said it would be quicker than that when we appointed him but at least it means our buyer hasn't gone AWOL because of it grin

CuddyMum Thu 16-May-13 17:57:27

Is he going to email it or post it? Hope he emails it but then she will still need time to read it through. How frustrating for you.

CuddyMum Thu 16-May-13 17:58:10

Dog - how are things progressing for you?

TerrysNo2 Thu 16-May-13 17:59:26

he's going to email it so it should be with her tomorrow so I guess she might want a day or so to think about it. I hope she gets in touch soon though just to say that, I just want to know that she is still keen to make it happen if everything else is in order

ghosteditor Thu 16-May-13 18:42:32

That's it exactly pendulum - lackadaisical! We have 4 weeks left. Not sure what to do/how to play it really.

Aren't other people rubbish! Don't they know how stressful it is? and a bit of communication would go a long way. confused

Pendulum Fri 17-May-13 09:11:02

morning all

TerrysNo2 good luck for today, hope you hear from your buyer!

ghosteditor perhaps you could ask the EA what their strategy is to 'connect the dots' in the next four weeks?

I am hoping to get our full structural survey report today. I posted a few days ago that the lender's valuation was quite a bit lower than our agreed price so I will be v interested to see what our surveyor says. Do they tend to put a valuation on it or is it a case of reading between the lines of the report whether they think it is worth the price?

Also hoping for an update on our buyers' mortgage offer. I have been so preoccupied with securing the upward chain until now and it would be so frustrating if a problem emerged underneath us!

wonkylegs Fri 17-May-13 14:07:32

Arghh! Knew it had all gone too quiet.
Got our homebuyers survey back - all good phew. Nothing unexpected except that we may not need a new roof afterall smile. Everything else that came up we already knew about.
So I phoned our IFA to get an update on the mortgage valuation survey. That's when I find out someone wrote the figures down wrong knocking £5k of the offer. Now they know it's actually more they have to go back and do the whole thing again which is daft because £5k is nothing on the loan to value ratio. But it's protocol, so we have to wait whilst they go back and do the whole process again before they go any further with the mortgage. They wouldn't tell me what the outcome of the first survey was so i'm in limbo Arghhhh
I did get some good news to sweeten the agony though - the vendors have found a property & it's empty so the final link in the chain is sorted.
I hope this is the only bump in the process but somehow I don't believe that!

ghosteditor Fri 17-May-13 14:14:35

Yey for the chain ending wonky!

We're having the survey today and we had an alarming call from the mortgage provider about their offer. DH is military so has his basic salary plus, effectively, flying pay and danger pay - all added in every month at the same rate but the bank is worried as it's not included in the same line as basic pay. And I have just returned from maternity leave so my P60/payslips are all over the place. Eeek!

AugustaProdworthy Fri 17-May-13 14:31:55

Hi, my Friday check-in to just say ....a big fat nothing. Nothing has happened really. Still not exchanged. Just waiting on everyone else in chain. Very frustrated
Cuddy- did you say you exchanged today??

CuddyMum Fri 17-May-13 16:33:05

August we did exchange yesterday and are to complete next Thursday! The funds have been ordered for next Wednesday.

I'm sorry nothing has moved on yours. Which end of the chain are you waiting for?

AugustaProdworthy Fri 17-May-13 17:17:55

Fab Cuddy! You'll be in for half term!
Just waiting for our buyer so we can exchange. Waiting is a pain!

TerrysNo2 Fri 17-May-13 17:23:48

no news from our buyer yet sad

the good news is that the mortgage is all sorted subject to valuation so now it's up to our buyer to make our break this <eek emoticon >

Turnipinatutu Fri 17-May-13 17:36:28

Keep going Wonky, you're nearly there!
Cuddy - how long has the whole process taken for you?

Our buyer has phoned the EA again to say she's viewed the other similar properties on the street and definitely likes ours. Even though ours is the most expensive.
Hopefully she will get a buyer herself after her open day this weekend and we can negotiate properly on price!

Problem now is, there is NOTHING for us to buy, not even anything worth a viewing at the moment.
What's happened to the spring market?

hinkyhonk Fri 17-May-13 17:37:34

Same here terrys our buyer had the report yesterday and agent on holiday on Tuesday so he has a deadline of Monday to make a decision. Argh

Was awake at 5.30 this morning worrying about it all. Just trying to predict if its going to go through or not. It's totally doing my head in. If I was them I'd wait until Monday to think more about it over the weekend so a few more sleepless nights for me

FedupofTurkey Fri 17-May-13 19:22:07

Cuddly, what happens at exchange, do you both have to be there and sign?

TerrysNo2 Fri 17-May-13 19:25:58

fed up I think you usually sign the contract in advance so your solicitor can exchange without you.

hinky we can stress together! I don't mind waiting over the weekend but our buyer hasn't even been in touch to say she's had the survey report back as she promised she would, and I know she got it today so I'm a little worried.

oh well, que Sera Sera!!grin

rubyrubyruby Fri 17-May-13 19:26:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TerrysNo2 Fri 17-May-13 19:37:05

ruby IMO get a couple of other valuations, you can still go with this EA but putting it on at the wrong price can be very bad and it's avoidable if you get it double checked. You can tell any EA what price you want it on at.

wonkylegs Fri 17-May-13 19:59:21

ruby I also would still get 2 more even if it just cements the price in your head, also it helps to ensure you really are getting a good deal on fees.

CuddyMum Fri 17-May-13 20:13:13

The exchange takes place over the phone. The papers are signed and witnessed beforehand Turkey.

Turnip both sale and purchase were just over 5 weeks (the sale started 2 weeks before the purchase). Pretty good going really. Mainly due to the fact that I turned everything around the same day, emailed, hand delivered and was generally a pain in the arse! Saying that, the solicitor offered me a job! I hope he was joking. There's no way I could deal with that all day, every day!

FedupofTurkey Fri 17-May-13 20:23:32

Wow Cuddly, 5 weeks, that must be a record!

Re: the selling/purchasing contracts, do they post it to you, you sign and return, then the solicitors do the exchange on a pre agreed date, is that how it works?

FedupofTurkey Fri 17-May-13 20:24:27

Cuddy, who witnesses?

This thread is not accepting new messages.