Talk

Advanced search

just found out the house we are buying hasnt been granted probate yet..

(3 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Thu 11-Apr-13 16:40:36

apparently it has been applied for and they are "just waiting for the grant certificate". should this fill me with panic or am I OK to stay cool and think that it should be resolved in the next week or so?

anyone had experience of this?
thanks!

Lilymaid Thu 11-Apr-13 16:45:37

Someone more experienced may be able to help, but in my limited experience, probate applications via a solicitor get dealt with pretty quickly, but those made independently take a little longer (last time I applied for probate, 18 months ago, I think I waited about a month for an appointment). So, check who is applying for probate!

RustyBear Thu 11-Apr-13 16:50:50

We have just sold my late father's bungalow - we were able to put it on the market and accept an offer but not complete before probate was granted.

In our case, the forms for probate were submitted in the first week of December and it was granted early in February - the house had gone on the market between Christmas and New Year, we accepted an offer in the middle of January and completed early March.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now