Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom paint

(15 Posts)
nemno Thu 11-Apr-13 12:20:11

Sorry, a bit ( smile ) boring.

Does anyone have an opinion on which brand bathroom paint resists the damp particularly well, please? And can it be mixed at the shop to other colours; most off the shelf ones seem very pale whereas I am after white ceili ng/coving and sage green or thundercloud blue walls .

PigletJohn Thu 11-Apr-13 12:28:27

if your bathroom suffers condensation, damp and mould, you need an effective extractor fan. Paint will not cure damp.

nemno Thu 11-Apr-13 12:37:43

No, it's got an adequate extractor. I just want to use bathroom paint as well.

LondonNinja Thu 11-Apr-13 13:00:53

We got some nice mould resistant paint by Dulux - seems OK so far (and we upgraded our fan, too). It's specifically for bathrooms.
HTH

LondonNinja Thu 11-Apr-13 13:01:50

Not sure about mixing btw, but we got a nice sandy colour that coordinates well with our other stuff smile.

nemno Thu 11-Apr-13 13:09:04

Dulux look like they have a great selection of colours that their bathroom paint can be mixed to (I like the look of Putting Green). Thank you

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Thu 11-Apr-13 13:11:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nemno Thu 11-Apr-13 13:30:23

Yes, I'd prefer matt I think. Bamboo leaf looks good. Thank you

I've ordered 3 dulux samples for £1 (bargain), shame Crown can take 20 days to deliver theirs. A trip to Homebase is in order.

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 11-Apr-13 15:55:48

Are the Dulux bathroom paints quite shiny? I am going slightly potty trying to decide on what colour to paint my bathroom! I think I might pop up a thread!

domesticslattern Sat 13-Apr-13 19:11:59

No, Theonly I just painted my bathroom Dulux atmosphere and it doesn't look shiny to me. Quite matt actually. Hth

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 13-Apr-13 20:06:32

Thank you ! I have stuck a random peppermint candy tester up and quite drawn to it !

PolterGoose Sat 13-Apr-13 20:06:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 13-Apr-13 20:08:13

How Blue is Atmosphere ?

domesticslattern Fri 19-Apr-13 19:58:48

Sorry, didn't come back to the thread.
Atmosphere is a bit blue, I panicked a bit when it first went up. It depends how much light the bathroom gets I think, as it looks rather different on different walls- grey on one wall, blue on another. Now I have decided it is nice and grey confused I suspect the same might apply in the case of the the shininess, it might look less matt in a bathroom with tons of natural light perhaps.
That's not helpful is it?

Theonlyoneiknow Fri 19-Apr-13 22:23:58

My dad has just painted our bathroom in it so will report back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now