Talk

Advanced search

Need to plan kitchen for house not built yet - help!

(4 Posts)
ATouchOfStuffing Thu 11-Apr-13 12:13:36

I really wanted a JL kitchen but have become exasperated with them today. I don't live in a town with JL. Nearest one with a kitchen centre is Bluewater. Called through to Bluewater suggested I call Oxford St (!) for an appointment as they can't plan my kitchen unless the house is built. I call O. St and am told I would have to go in store for an appointment as they don't have the facilities to send me a plan on line! Honestly? I have to go with my 20mo and sit for god knows how long waiting for someone to plan out a kitchen on a system that they could do without me there and could simply email me? I won't be able to concentrate with her there and just know it will be a disaster. I know what I want in/from my kitchen I just don't know sizes and options for larders/cabinets. I really don't want to have to trek to London (£65 rtn by train) for a day just to spend £20k in their store.

Anyone have any suggestions of a company similar who I can email the room plan to and could email me a kitchen plan in return? I really want to figure out where the cooker/sink go BEFORE building so I don't have to re-route them.

Thanks very much in advance. Off to make a cup of tea and calm down for a bit!

JustJes Thu 11-Apr-13 14:59:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

toastedteacake Thu 11-Apr-13 15:38:24

We are doing a refurb with walls being removed/ repositioned and have used a small company called Cheverell Wood.
We gave them a list of our requirements and a scaled plan of the proposed space and they produced a drawing/ plan from that. They will build any size unit you want; so no need to worry about standard sizes and voids. Our budget was about the same as yours, and includes top end built-in appliances and marble worktops. The people are very helpful and friendly too.

We looked at JL too but found they weren't that flexible and couldn't make non- standard units.

On the other hand Cheverell Wood will make any style you like, in any colour, in any size, and fit it.

I know I sound like I work for their sales dept I don't , but we have been genuinely impressed by them.

ATouchOfStuffing Thu 11-Apr-13 21:17:21

Toasted that sounds perfect! I also wanted marble tops and cabinets up to the ceiling. Plus I have a walk in pantry at the moment and am finding it hard to picture myself using pull out mesh racks hmm.
I shall google them forthwith. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now