Advanced search

Has anyone used the Nationwide (via call centre) for a mortgage and how long did it take to be agreed?

(109 Posts)
CuddyMum Thu 11-Apr-13 09:52:15

My application was processed yesterday (after many lengthy conversations and system crashes). We are porting our existing mortgage and adding a new mortgage for the house we are buying.

The call centre estimate 6 weeks to process but in reality, how long should this take?

From what I can gather reading online, they don't appear to check

Good luck for the big move! smile

CuddyMum Wed 22-May-13 16:33:55

Thank you! All the best for you too smile

Thanks smile

Paid our deposit yesterday, and all contracts exchanged grin a bit shock at how fast our bank called to enquire. Tried to make loan payment today, and bank appear to have blocked it blush common sense would dictate that in buying a house, there may be some higher levels than spending than usual you'd have thought hmm

Got to go in branch and see them now, hope they money will still be available to send today envy

Buddhagirl Tue 20-Aug-13 10:17:38

Aw gawd, I'm stressing. We had an offer accepted on Friday afternoon, but not been able to get an appointment with Nationwide until a week later (this friday) he said that there is a delay on valuations at the moment.

Have i fucked this up by waiting too long? All you hear is that sellers pull out of buyers are not quick enough and I don't think I'm being quick enough.

I'm stressed already and not even really started yet. Give me cake

TerrysNo2 Tue 20-Aug-13 10:47:23

Buddha anyone getting a mortgage is in the same position so I wouldn't worry too much about your sellers.

my one piece of advice is to get a valuation only through your bank and if you want a survey to get it done separately. Valuations only can usually be done quicker than a survey and you can find your own surveyor who is available quickly.

Buddhagirl Tue 20-Aug-13 11:43:58

Good advice TerrysNo2, thanks.

Kane17 Tue 03-Sep-13 16:28:35

I am currently in the process of applying for mortgage with nation wide, the financial advisor is coming out on Thursday to complete the application. We have been accepted for decision in principle (DIP). Need to pay for application process on Thursday and booking fee due to buying new build. I am worried about paying out (plus solicitors want 400 to start searchers etc) without being 100% we have mortgage offer!! Credit score is good, affordability is there. But some of threads on other sites are making me twitch. We need to provide 3 months pay slips and bank statements. My hubby has just started new job so getting a reference from his employer to give to. Did everyone worry like this?? What can make them say no once having DIP??

jessicawilliams373 Fri 13-Feb-15 11:46:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now