Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone live in one of those new builds with dressing area and two en suites?

(2 Posts)
QueenCuntyChops Thu 11-Apr-13 08:59:45

Like this for eg?

Can you tell me about it? Are the extra bathrooms a luxury or a PITA? Woudl you rather not have the dressing area/2nd en suite and have an extra room there instead?

They're building loads of new homes locally and I'm really tempted but I don't know if it works.

The usual downside with new builds is the small rooms, but we live in a 60s semi and rooms don't get much smaller. All the rooms in teh house I've linked are massive compared to our house, we have a galley kitchen. louge/diner, two small doubles and a box room, and one bathroom.

We have a Ds 10, DD 9 and DS2 who is 18mo. I love the idea of a big live-in kitchen diner and then a grown up living room, and DD could have her own shower room while the boys share the family bathroom. But then after a while woudl I resent having four loos to clean and wish we had a study instead?

Also, what else shoudl I know about new builds? Is it better to buy off plan and haggle or to wait until they can't sell them and start dropping the price (which I have seen with two developments lately). Any problems I need to be aware of?

Many thanks for all advice.

sparkle9 Thu 11-Apr-13 10:21:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now