Talk

Advanced search

How much would an electrician charge for this?

(6 Posts)
StuffezLaBouche Wed 10-Apr-13 10:04:40

I've decided to rent out my spare room and as such I need to get it perfect. A while back a friend changed a lightbulb in there and there was an accident involving the light fitting being pulled down, exposing the wires. The light works, but there's a definitely a loose connection as it goes off and on. Other than that, I think it's just a case of feeding the wires ack in and securing the cover.

Any electricians about who could give me a rough idea of cost? Or anyone recently hired a electrician? I'm based in North East.

Thanks!

lalalonglegs Wed 10-Apr-13 10:26:14

If it's what you think it is, it shouldn't take more than five minutes but most will have a minimum fee. Are you sure you can't tighten up the wires yourself, it's really easy.

StuffezLaBouche Wed 10-Apr-13 10:27:51

It's possibly something I could do myself - I'm a bit nervous around electricity but it might be sensible to have a go myself and save the money. Thanks!

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Wed 10-Apr-13 10:31:39

Switch the fuses off at the mains if you do attempt it.

StuffezLaBouche Wed 10-Apr-13 11:05:54

Definitely! I got an electric shock when I was a kid once and it's really made me cautious around electricity.

kanecarter Thu 11-Apr-13 08:28:58

hi stuffez,
Simply you can do it yourself. Be brave and switch the main fuse off then tighten up the wires.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now