Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to advise on paint colour for my kitchen?

(2 Posts)
partystress Mon 01-Apr-13 17:42:55

Rectangular room, 20 x 13 feet. One wall has three large windows, facing west. Floor is a warm oak. Units sage green (quite greyish). Worktops white quartz with a slight green fleck. Kitchen will be L shaped at one end of the room, with wall cupboards on one wall, short bit of the L under a window, then island in the middle.

Am thinking Overrtly Olive for the wall with the wall cupboards (this will also have the cooker hood) and the wall with the windows, and a not quite brilliant white for the other two walls. But panicking that it might look drab. Any reassurance or alternative suggestions would be gratefully received! Thank you.

jollydiane Mon 01-Apr-13 23:10:30

I have used Overrtly Olive which I like but it was for a small area, as you say it could look drab. Could you use a cream for the walls (Dairy Farm is lovely from Dulux) and then have a contrasting blue/green colour for the splash back? If you are uncertain what colours work try Farrow and Ball (select the colour you are interested in and then it gives suggestions of what colours work together)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now