Our buyers have pulled out(25 Posts)
As mentioned on another thread, our buyers didn't turn up yesterday and we've been informed that they've withdrawn from the sale. There were some issues with the survey - nothing major but more than they were prepared to do - and that's it. I had such a bad feeling about the whole situation yesterday that I'm not completely surprised but still feel gutted. Our estate agent was lovely (I know, I know, we're paying them!!) and is on the case to get the house on the market. Luckily, it hasn't yet officially been on the market so it will look like a brand new property going on Rightmove. You can see that I am desperately trying to remain positive!!
Hi doglover, I'm sorry you have lost your buyers! Like you said yesterday you had a bad feeling about their not turning up, sometimes this feeling is right. Hold your chin up and hopefully you will get further interest.
They offered after 1st viewing, I'm assuming your house was still new on the market so you can comfortably assume others will like it too. Good luck.
Do remain positive - we are on our second buyer
Thanks for your kind words, NTY and CM. I'm trying to stay positive! x
Last Easter we had something similar - the people we were buying from suddenly, and without giving any reason, took the house off the market after we had agreed a price and started proceedings.
We were gutted and very disappointed.
Since then we found another house and are actually pleased now as we think it worked in our favour.
Not quiet the same thing but hopefully offering some glimmer of hope. I sympathise, it is awful being at the whims of other people.
Thanks for your understanding words, CH. As you say, we're in the hands of other people. I'm feeling really upset at the moment but hopefully a good old theraputic cry will get it all out of my system.
try not to worry - there's nothing show-stopping wrong with your house, it just wasn't right for them. Every house sells sooner or later.
So sorry to hear that, our buyers pulled out few weeks ago and we are now back on the market, so I know how you feel But you will sell again, and as you sold without even being on the market last time I bet it wont be long at all before you have another buyer. I know this probably doesn't help right now, but that gutted feeling will subside and you will find yourself just getting back on with it.
So sorry , rude of them not to cancel the viewing nonetheless and hope you have told EA so.
That is very frustrating, and as others have said, it would have been good if they could at least have let you know and cancelled the viewing. It sounds like your house will definitely sell, fingers crossed for you!
Many thanks everyone. Apparently, we are not the first (or even second) sale that they've pulled out on. I hope their reputation proceeds them next time!! We'll try to maintain the current tidiness over the Easter hols .......... not an easy task!
doglover, do have that good cry, I did (and I'm not the crying sort). They sound like very unreliable people. You will get someone more reliable next time. I wonder how many more times they will offer and pull out? At least it has happened now and not the day before you exchange. I'm still very nervous about our buyer and won't believe everything is okay until we exchange.
I quite agree, CM. I've had a cry and a little nap and feel more ready to move on. We've known people who have had similar disappointments just before exchange and, as you say, it was absolutely devastating for them. Fingers crossed for both of us!
So sorry to hear this dog. What a disappointment for you... But better now, I guess, than further down the line.
FWIW, I think I'd mistrust someone who made an offer after just one viewing. It feels like the behaviour of an impulse-buyer... But no-one can really impulse-buy a house - there's just too much money involved - so a buyer needs to make a couple of visits, at least, or I reckon they're really likely to get cold feet...
That is a shame. Better now than later though.... (Trying to be positive)
It is good nothing major came up on the survey (still trying to be positive)
It is also really good that the property will look like a new listing (very, very positive)
I was once a buyer who offered after our 1st visit just after we closed the door of the viewed house. We were only the 2nd viewers after the house was put on the market, so our vendors got very lucky. There were so few houses on the market at the time and this house ticked all the boxes. Our offer was accepted. I got cold feet several times (nervous? gut feeling?) in the process but didn't pull out as the house ticked the boxes and I knew I would not get any better for my budget.
Fast forward 4 years, the house still ticks the boxes but I have never loved it and I am hoping to sell it soon and move to somewhere [compromised) but where I know I am going to love it.
I am planning to view the houses at least 3 times (2 times myself, 1 time with a builder) before I commit next time. The mistake I made will cost me around 6k in purchase expenses, about 9k in moving expenses and about 12k in investments made in the house, and I will never recoup the cost
What a costly mistake to make.
Its horrible isn't it.
The only thing i would say is have a look at the survey and see if any of the issues can be solved now to prevent them being an issue again. Are they massive things?
Sorry this has happened doglover. Tbh though if they're rude enough to just not turn up there's no telling what a pain they might have been during the process. You'll find some much nicer buyers I'm sure!
Hi dog I'm sorry this has happened. I too have had experience of this, more than once! I will say though that 'what's for you won't go past you '
I'm in the process again and like cuddy said am holding my breath until we exchange.
Diet made a good point, ask them if they'd be willing for you to see the survey? You may be asked to cough up a bit of cash but it might be useful for you.
oh no dog, you had a bad feeling didn't you.
Hi everyone, thanks for your kind words and understanding. No , it isn't the end of the world but it's certainly given us a nasty shock! Anyway, our estate agent was able to give us some indications about the survey. A couple of the points we are certainly able to tackle - loft ventilation and cracked brickwork around a drain cover - and have already contacted a builder for quotes. Some of the other issues are not things that we'd change: soffits fascias , an uneven floor in the lounge, electrics (don't all surveys say electrics may need updating?!) non-solid walls between living areas. We would obviously bear all these things in mind when settling on a price. Does this sound reasonable?
Oh sorry to hear this Dog
They sound like they haven't got a bloody clue! Most surveys I've had done have made the properties sound like ramshackle huts. If they weren't even prepared to discuss the findings/agree new price then you are well rid of them-really.
Have a good cry, then deep breath and new air freshener. this is prime viewing season now, best of luck
Ah that's the thing, you buy your first ever house, you see your first ever survey, you get terrified of it and run away. I have done that. I realise now it was nothing to do with the survey. It is just the tone of it and that terrifying mood that sets in.
Good luck doglover. Perhaps aks you agent to explain your future buyers that most of surveys are like that.
Join the discussion
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.