Talk

Advanced search

Right, total rookies. What order do we do this in??

(6 Posts)
Inclusionist Mon 01-Apr-13 09:26:47

We have just inherited sad which means we can upsize a bit.

This is second buy so we've never done the 'chain' thing before. What do we do first? Put ours on the market? Look for the new house? Both? Some other thing I haven't thought of???

I'm so tempted to just start going and viewing but I'm guessing that is NOT the first thing to do?

Jaynebxl Mon 01-Apr-13 09:44:36

Personally I'd recommend getting yourself on the email list of estate agents. Tell them what you are looking for. Then I would also start viewing. That way you get a really good feel for what's around. We started viewing about a year before we were ready to out ours on the market because we wanted to stay in our village and wanted to know what we could expect to get for our money. Round here you then need to get your house on the market before you can make an offer because most things sell pretty quickly and vendors need to know you are a good catch, not sure if that's the same all over though. From reading this property section I've come to the conclusion we live in a bit of a property bubble here!

Gregssausageroll Mon 01-Apr-13 10:30:01

It depends on how boyant your local market is. If it is a quick selling area then by all means have a look at what you can afford, get some agents in for an estimate of what's yours is work, get solicitors quotes etc but if you are I a slow area then you must market first.

nocake Mon 01-Apr-13 11:36:08

I would have a look at a few houses to get a feel for what is available. Then put yours on the market and start looking more seriously. However, few vendors will accept an offer from you until you have a buyer.

Inclusionist Mon 01-Apr-13 15:49:56

Thank you for the advive! This is going to be complicated by the fact that there is about 1 square mile that I want to move to!! Going to seriously need the luck of the draw!

Inclusionist Mon 01-Apr-13 15:50:28

*advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now